Dr. Suman K. Das is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Plastic Surgeon, American Association of Plastic Surgeons, American Association of Academic Plastic Surgeons, and South Eastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Das specializes in cosmetic surgery of face, breasts, body and skin. He is continuously advancing to use the latest techniques to treat his patients. Dr. Das is extensively experienced in reconstructive procedures, such as breast reconstruction, cleft lip and palate, scar revision, and hand surgery.
Dr. Das’s interest in plastic surgery developed during his early years of study of Medicine in the U.K. He has practiced in various countries, including India, U.K., Canada, Australia and the USA. His desire to help patients was his driving force to practice Plastic Surgery. He cherishes seeing a smile on his patient’s face after a successful surgery. Dr. Das is dedicated to help people look beautiful, and be comfortable with their looks.
In addition to plastic surgery, Dr. Das actively supports the fight against breast cancer. He takes pride in educating women about the breast reconstructive procedures and helps them return to their normal lives. Dr. Das is also an ambassador of “Smile Train” and wants to help children born with cleft defect. He is very proactive about education primarily at the elementary and secondary levels. He is currently a partner with the Mississippi Children’s Museum and a member of Mississippi Symphony Orchestra. Previously, Dr. Das was on the Board of Directors of Greater Jackson Community Foundation, and the Board of Directors of the St. Dominic Community Outreach Program.
Dr. Das received his training in Craniofacial Surgery from the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada. Further, he received his training in Microsurgery and Hand Surgery from St. Vincent’s Hospital in Melbourne, Australia. In the USA, Dr. Das was appointed the Chief of Research in Plastic Surgery at UCLA, and Wadsworth VA Hospital in Los Angeles. Later, he did a residency in Plastic Surgery at Jackson, Mississippi.
He is board-certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member of several prestigious professional organizations, including:
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Advancement of Science
- American Society of Academic Plastic Surgeons
- American Association of Hand Surgery
- Internationals Society of Surgery
- International Society for Burn Injuries
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- Academy of Surgical Research
- Association for Academic Surgery
- Charter Member of International Society of Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- Mississippi Academy of Sciences
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Association of Plastic Surgeons
- British Society of Surgery of Hands
Dr. Das believes in sharing knowledge, and has taught at various universities across the USA. He last served as the Professor and the Chief of Plastic Surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center until 1996. He is an attending plastic surgeon at various facilities in Jackson, Mississippi, including:
- St. Dominic’s Medical Center
- River Oaks Hospital
- River Oaks East/Woman’s Hospital
- St. Dominic Ambulatory Surgery Center
He is a consultant plastic surgeon at the Mississippi Baptist Medical Center. Dr. Das has a private practice in Flowood, Mississippi, and currently focuses on cosmetic procedures for the face, forehead, breasts, eyes, abdomen, and head and neck cancer.